Drawing For Beginners
An Introduction Course To Drawing Skills With Pencil For Beginners
Learn The Basic Techniques of Drawing With Pencil
Drawing is one of the most important skills for any artist to acquire and in this "Drawing For Beginners" course you are going to discover the easy to follow skill building exercises you can use to improve your drawing today. Follow along and your drawing skills will naturally improve.
In this course you are going to not only learn the basic materials you need for drawing, but you are also going to learn the fundamental skills of using them, and the all important ways of making marks with your pencils.
Here is just some of what you are about to learn:
* What pencils you need to get started with drawing and the type of sketchbooks we recommend
* How to hold the pencil so that you have just the right amount of pressure
* The simple approach to begin making marks on the paper
* Why values are so important in drawing and how to use them to create a sense of realism
* Different approaches to shading and how to increase the darkness of your shaded areas correctly
* Getting a full range of motion with the pencil for more fluid drawing
* How to blend different tones together to make a smooth gradient
* Using the paper stump to soften and blend in shaded areas
* A range of different marks you can use to improve the overall quality of your drawings
* Achieving a sense of realism by using the correct values in your drawings
* A simple approach to measuring to transfer an image to your working surface
* And so much more
Included in the course are a range of PDF documents for you to print out and use during the course.
The real key to learning how to draw with pencil is to first acquire the knowledge you need (which you will in this course) and then to actually apply that knowledge by doing lots of drawing.
We have developed a range of practical exercises for you to complete. Each exercise is designed to help you learn and develop new skills and actually practice them. In the above example you can see an exercise in how to apply a toned area to your surface and how to increase the darkness to lightness through the use of pressure. This is just one of the many exercises you will be doing as you work through the course.
Here are just some of the exercises you will be doing in the course:
* Toning Exercises
* Hatching Exercises
* Connecting the Dots - designed to improve your accuracy
* Eight different Mark Making techniques
* Understanding The Basic Materials
* Values Scale Exercises
* Blending Exercises
* And more
Plus ... included in the course are four Drawing Exercises designed to teach you how to draw in a realistic way using values and shading
If you are ready to improve your drawing skills but not sure where to start then this is the course for you.
As you probably know, drawing is a foundation skill for artists. When you have a better understanding of drawing and the basic principles behind drawing then all of your art in different mediums will be improved. It's no wonder then that the great Ateliers of years gone by in Europe always started their students out with mastering drawing first before they moved onto painting.
Are you ready to learn how to draw? Want to have a guided course with specific set exercises that will help you rapidly improve your drawing?
If YES then you will want to join us in the "Drawing For Beginners"
Register today and let's get busy drawing.
Rod Moore - Artist, Art Teacher, Author, Best Selling Art Instructor
Rod Moore is the founder of Moore Art School and the creator of the Moore Method of Painting. He has taught hundreds of students to paint in his one day workshops and more then 30,000 globally through his online courses on learning to paint.
Living in Noosa, Queensland Rod draws his inspiration from the natural beauty of the amazing coast and beaches he is surrounded by, and the breathtaking beauty of the hinterland region.
Rod is the creator and star of two TV shows, Plein Air Painting TV and Yes You Can Paint both 13 episodes. The TV shows have been broadcast around Australia and New Zealand and have been extremely popular with those wanting to learn to paint.
Every week Rod publishes the popular Learn To Paint TV show online. The weekly show demonstrates a complete painting. The full length version is available to members of the Learn To Paint Academy.
He is a full time artist. art teacher and author. His passion is for helping beginners enjoy the magic in learning how to paint and today he is on a mission to help millions of people around the world to experience the joy of painting.
Connect with Rod here: